Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Getting the Message out....

Getting the Message out....

The past few weeks I have had the opportunity to get the Sun Smart message out to the general public and also be able to tell my story so far. All of this has been through local Print Media and a radio station called 1116SEN. It has all been a valuable experience and exceptional opportunity to alert people of the dangers of Melanoma and the Sun.

My first Media gig was with our local paper. I was contacted by SunSmart Victoria and asked to share my story but at the same time get the Sun Smart Message across. If you feel up to reading the article click on the link Leader Newspaper

The next opportunity was on Radio. This was through an inspiring Gentleman Brian Rabinowitz
who is the cycling coach/instructor I have been training with for a few years. He hosts a Show on SEN Radio called Higher, Faster, Stronger and asked me a while back if I'd be interested in being on the show. I clearly took him up on the offer. Aside from the 3:30am wake up it was an enjoyable experience. The general gist of the program was to talk about my journey from March 2012 to now. Also adding my current motivation to cycle and keep fit. Brian was aiming for me to motivate and inspire people. I am finding this a challenging. For those interested in hearing podcast. follow this link. Podcast.

Brian on the left, Scott from SEN on my right. 

My School holidays are almost at an end, next week I head back to work Full time and to add to this I have scans and bloods day one of school. This I am sure will be fine. I am more nervous about my eldest heading to School for the first time. 

One of the many reasons it is going to be hard to head back to work is the cycling time I have had and spending time with the kids. 

Swim time 




No comments:

Post a Comment