Saturday, June 7, 2014

Time to reflect.....

Many times in your life you have times to reflect, but how often do we stop and really reflect?

Autumn has passed and we head towards winter…..cold, wet and many moments of feeling the chills in our bones……. Those who don’t like the cold will head north and find warmth. But for those who stick it out, warm up with: soups, open fires, blankets, heating, hot drinks, coffee and even food.

Question: 
Did you look back and reflect on the beauty that autumn brings?
I did and this it was amazing……riding in the early hours of the morning I would stop and look at the deciduous trees shedding their autumn burnt orange leaves and the site of a brisk sunrise, fog rolling over the hills as I ascend a climb……We need to stop breathe and admire the surroundings. These moments I see and I am very grateful for being here to enjoy and see life in a beautiful way.

On one of my recent rides with Matty we hit some hills and rather big climbs………Once we caught our breath, we saw to the distance rain coming…..but in this misty rain was a magical rainbow (as you can see from the image). We both stopped and savored the moment, took a photo and admired what amazing surroundings we have. I will admit, seeing this rainbow made me reflect and think of Scott De Young and his family.


Seeking warmth this winter is around you….hug your children, husband or wife and family. This is the best warmth of all……my girls hugs when I come home from work or as they go to bed, make me realize I am here for a long time…….Lisa’s hugs are the one’s that warm my heart forever!

Zahlia, our youngest, had her 3rd birthday back in May, a Peppa Pig party……Lisa, as usual created an amazing Peppa Pig cake and platter of cupcakes and sweets (images below)…. Zahlia had an amazing day. Her big sisters were great, helped unwrap presents, made Zahlia feel very special. Another moment in my journey, I am very happy to be around for…… time with family in these moments and milestones are special.

Birthday Girl
My gorgeous Girls.


I'm a lucky man.


WORK.....
I have been busy……I am working hard at school. It is report writing time at the moment…..I have also been working outside school pursuing my passion with iPads and Education. I was fortunate enough to represent my school and Apple by presenting at the Doncaster Apple Store (images below) in an iPad Assessment/Learning workshop. By the way all the jokes about the pants I am wearing in the photo have all been used….so don’t bother…. I also worked with Pearson Education and hosted a two Webinars on Assessment Apps and Learning…..again opportunities I am jumping at.




My health is good….my recent blood tests came back ticking all the right boxes. I am feeling great….still cycling a lot, around 180km a week, hitting the gym and I even got back running again doing around 5km a week….just keeping fit and healthy.

Matty and I are planning to race a few Duathlons soon… these are: Run, Bike, Run…..I’ll keep you all posted on our efforts.

Lisa is back treating again and trying her hardest to run...but not luck. She's going to the gym, swimming and walking a lot. 

I have scans in three weeks time…..at the moment I am not that nervous…..but  I am sure I will be the week leading up to them.

People whom I bump into often ask me, 'how do you manage to keep so active and not tire?'

I truly believe positive attitude/mindset and focus is the answer to everything…..and if you really want something that bad you will work hard to keep it…..I want to live, beat Melanoma, see my girls grow up and be with my best friend, my wife, for a long time…..this means living healthy and being fit/active.

This also brings me to a friend of mine who has a troubling health situation at the moment……my message to this person is….. stay positive, fight and enjoy everything around you.

The message for everyone else is enjoy what is around you. See the beauty in your day……. During this winter and the cold days/months……seek warmth from those close to you.

Remember to hug your loved one's XXX





No comments:

Post a Comment